The James Joo-Jin Kim Program at the University of Pennsylvania is now accepting applications for the Moon Family Postdoctoral Fellowship in Korean Studies for the 2016-2017 academic year. The postdoctoral program is open to scholars from all fields whose research relates to Korea. The fellow will be expected to participate in Kim Program events and related activities at Penn and in the Korean studies community, as well as teaching a course in the spring semester of 2017.
The fellowship will cover up to a 12-month period between August 1, 2016 and July 31, 2017, and will carry a stipend of $50,000. Health insurance (including medical, dental, vision, and life; more information can be found here: http://www.sas.upenn.edu/deans-office/postdocs/postdocstaff.htm) will be paid for by the Kim Program. The postdoctoral fellow will be provided an office and access to libraries and resources at Penn.
The fellow will be required to:
- Remain in residence.
- Teach one (1) courses for undergraduates in the spring semester of 2017.
- Give a public presentation for Korean Studies Colloquium.
- Mentor Kim Program undergraduate fellows.
Eligibility: Applicants must have received their Ph.D. degree within five (5) years of the postdoctoral appointment year (in 2011 or later). The applicant who is offered a fellowship must have fully completed all requirements for the Ph.D. degree (dissertation deposited) by July 1, 2016.
- Letter of Application
- Application Form
- Statement of Research Interests and Experience (Part IV) in a separate document
- Two (2) letters of recommendations mailed or e-mailed directly from referees to David Dettmann at email@example.com, or to the address below.
- Application Deadline: Applications must be received by the Kim Program by Friday, January 8, 2016, at 5:00 pm. Applications (except for letters of recommendation, which should be sent directly from the referee) should be submitted in one, complete PDF via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or via mail to the address below.
Applications may also be mailed to:
James Joo-Jin Kim Program in Korean Studies
Williams Hall, Suite 642
255 S. 36th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6305
Further inquiries should be directed to:
David Dettmann, Acting Associate Director for Administration