The Department of Human Geography and City Studies at the University of Toronto Scarborough is seeking a detail-oriented and tech-savvy Web Editor with strong writing skills.
The Web Editor will work with the department faculty and staff as follows:
– Plan, research, write copy and edit new and existing content
– Help develop and manage the site’s articles, news, events calendar, social media, multimedia, e-newletters, and any special projects such as blogs, polls, surveys or microsites
– Help improve the user experience and increase traffic to site
– Excellent communication skills, especially written
– Excellent project management skills
– High computer proficiency (FTP, some HTML/CSS, basic photo editing, etc.)
– Experience with content management systems (especially Drupal) helpful but not required
Hours and Pay
– $35 hourly
– May require occasional travel to the UTSC campus for content development meetings
– Flexible work hours, but the first 30 hours of work must be completed before November 15, 2013.
– After November 15, 2013, the Web Editor will be asked to work 10-15 hours a month until Summer 2014.
To apply, please email a short self-introduction in the body of email, CV, and an appropriate writing sample to Ju Hui Judy Han by 5pm EST on Monday, October 7, 2013.